Consent to Treat and Release of Liability
As parent or guardian of the aforementioned athlete participant, I hereby give consent for him/her to receive emergency medical treatment, including but not limited to transportation, which may be advisable in the event of accident, emergency, or illness arising out of participation in or related to ice hockey activities, including but not limited to games, practices, clinics, tournaments, and transportation to such events. I hereby assume responsibility for the payment of such emergency medical treatment.
I confirm that my child is physically and medically qualified to participate in this camp and/or league, and that I have read and understand the Concussion Management Policy as outlined by USA Hockey. In the event that my child has been diagnosed with a concussion, I will follow the steps laid out by USA Hockey.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in a CT Hockey program and in all associated events, related events, and activities, the undersigned understands, appreciates, acknowledges, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from activities involved in these programs, events, related events, and activities is significant, including but not limited to the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist and knowing that the releasees do not have the DUTY to fully mitigate or relieve the risk that may cause the injury; and knowing all of this and these risks, I consent to assume these risks and,
2) I, being of sound body and mind and under no influence, KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others or other participants, intentionally or not, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4) I, for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CT Hockey LLC, and all of the appointed or volunteer coaches, directors, staff, officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, facilities and owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
5) Arbitration Clause: In contravention of the release the participant and/or parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant agrees to binding arbitration.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement. I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above from all the releasees, and for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE.