Summer Skills Camp Information
Thank you for registering for the CT Hockey Summer Skills Camp which runs Monday, June 28th - Friday, July 2nd from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. The camp will be held at the International Skating Center of Connecticut in Simsbury.
We hope the players are ready for lots of learning and fun!
Players should arrive in time to get dressed and be ready to take the ice by 8:30 am. Camp staff will be at the rink by 7:45 am each day. Plenty of staff will be on hand to assist players with their equipment at all times.
Players should be picked up promptly at 4:00 pm each day.
Players will be split into groups defined by age and/or skill level for all on and off ice sessions.
Morning ice sessions will focus on fundamental skill development; skating, stick handling, and puck control (shooting, passing and receiving)
Afternoon ice sessions will be dedicated to team play; emphasizing competitive scenarios with fun drills and games that show off their newly acquired skills
Off ice sessions allow campers to spend their time on strength training, conditioning, field sports and fun! In the event of rain, off ice sessions will be held in the training area of ISCC (2nd floor).
What to Bring
Here are a few items players must bring to camp each day:
- Full equipment is required. Your player’s name should be clearly marked on each piece of equipment to avoid loss and mix up.
- Water bottle. Players must use their own water bottle at all times.
- Extra pairs of dry socks. We will be on and off ice throughout the day. Wet socks will be uncomfortable and will contribute to blisters.
- Athletic clothing for off ice activities - Training shoes or sneakers, dry socks, gym shorts, tee shirt.
- Lunch. For players interested in purchasing lunch, a pre-order form will be provided separately. Players who bring their lunch/drink from home can place them in our coolers or keep them with their equipment until lunchtime. Please make sure their lunch is clearly identifiable with their name.
- Snack. Players will also have a few minutes mid-morning and mid-afternoon for a quick snack. It is strongly advised that players bring a snack because they will work up an appetite!